- Any word document can be opened remotely by clicking on the item inside Aras.
- Opened document can be edited manually and checked in back to Aras.
- Word application doesn’t need any plugin to interact with Aras. Upon saving the document, it saves the document back to Aras using WebDAV protocol.
- As part of opening the document, content controls inside the document can be updated with the mapping property values from the context item.
- In case document has editable content controls, values are mapped back to PLM item properties as part of saving the document.
- Optionally auto generates PDF from the word document.