What is AppStudio?
- Suite of UI and backend components built as add-on to Aras Innovator.
- No code solution to generate modern, complex, responsive, mobile friendly UI.
- AppStudio comes with TemplateStudio to create template for an ItemType and Wizard to show details of the Item at runtime.
- Worksheet control with Excel-like editing within Innovator.
- Automates creation of MS Word and PDF documents based on selections through wizard pages.
- TechnicalDataPackage (TDP) Export and Import for offline usage and changes.
- Role based Type specific and global Dashboards.
- Works with Innovator version 12SP5 onwards in both on-premises and enterprise deployments.
- Create and visualize data more effectively with modern, intuitive UI powered by rich UI control library.
- Fast and efficient editing experience with feature rich widget library like Worksheet.
- Ability to work on devices with diverse form factors like desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile due to fluid responsive UI.
- Ease of making changes to the UI layouts and content with no dependency on development teams.
- Ability to subscribe to important events on an Item or ItemType to get notified and respond right in time.
- Configuration driven UI powered by TemplateStudio is 80% faster than conventional custom code.
- Easy upgrades, independent of Innovator version.
- Swift change management due to quick feedback from end users.
- Reduce implementation costs with backend components.
- Create DataModel (ItemTypes & RelationshipTypes) for the application.
- Create UI Template for the root ItemType and bind it to the DataModel.
- Publish the template through Lifecycle.
- Create, View and Edit actions from Innovator now uses published Template for creating or accessing the Item.
- Template studio enables creating template for a specific ItemType. ItemType properties and relationships can be used to create UI of the template. Upon publishing the template, ItemType default form will be overridden with the template.
- Wizard is a separate single page application (SPA) used to show details of the item at runtime. When you select item from Innovator search grid, if the item has published AppStudio template, item details with be shown using the template instead of using default Innovator form. When you click on Create action from search grid, same template will be used to show the page with empty controls.